One of my friends requested a cake for himself, just because LOL. And I know he loves chocolate, oreos and pretty much anything except Ketchup chips so I decided to make this cake. It’s four layers of chocolate cake, filled with chocolate buttercream, covered in cookies and cream buttercream, chocolate ganache, Oreos, caramel popcorn, Hershey’s chocolates, chocolate covered pretzels and Snickers.
This cake was so fun to make because first of all, that Oreo buttercream (recipe down below) is literally heaven on earth. It was SO delicious, it tasted just like the icing in the Oreo cookies with a hint of chocolate. On top of the cake is just a pile of delicious-ness so that was really fun to make as well.
I think I’d like to make this kind of cake again but instead of using all the chocolate, I’d add fruit. Maybe do a strawberry buttercream and then pile strawberries (chocolate covered ones too), raspberries, blackberries, etc. on top.
Hope you enjoy!!! 😀
Oreo Buttercream Recipe
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk*
- 1/2 cup of Oreo crumbs
- In large bowl, beat shortening and butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and Oreo crumbs.
- Gradually add icing sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry.
- Gradually add milk; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- For thin (spreading) consistency icing, add 2 tablespoons light corn syrup, water or milk.