Happy Mother’s Day everyone!!!
This was the first Mother’s Day cake I did – 4 layered vanilla and chocolate cake, with Nutella buttercream in between the layers (recipe below) and pink ombre vanilla buttercream roses on the outside.
Nutella Buttercream Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3½ – 4 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- ½ cup Nutella
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half, heavy cream or whole milk
- Cream together butter and shortening at the same time. Add the icing sugar one cup at a time.
- Add the Nutella.
- Add half-and-half, one tablespoon at a time until the buttercream has reached a consistency where it will hold it’s shape. Whip on high for another 30 seconds.
- Use immediately or cover and refrigerate up to three days. To use once refrigerated, slowly allow to reach room temperature and then beat on low speed until the buttercream is smooth before using.
I also made another one of these for another one of my friends, so in total I made two of the pink ombre cakes.
Tomorrow I will post my other Mother’s Day Cake I made, which is a purple and blue rose cake 🙂
Hope everyone had a lovely Mother’s Day, and talk to you soon.