My 3rd holiday baking recipe! Have you checked out my previous ones?
These are always a classic at Christmas. Always so tasty. They’re good hot, and they are good cold – basically any time of the day they are delicious.
The gooeyness in the middle, but also with the shortbread on the bottom… makes such a great combo.
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup golden corn syrup
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and butter, mixing until crumbly. Press firmly into the bottom of a greased 9-inch square pan. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs with sugar, corn syrup and butter. Stir in pecans. Pour evenly over base and bake 30-35 minutes or until set and top os golden brown. Cool completely; cut into bars.