These. are. delicious. They are like chocolate chip cookies x1000 because:
- They are huge
- They have gooey caramel oozing out in the middle
- AND THERE’S SEA SALT
Sea salt makes anything better.
Trust me guys, these are good. If you are ever looking to make chocolate chip cookies, these are almost better to make! They are so easy, and take no more than 12 minutes in the oven. This batch made me just 12 cookies, however if you wanted more you could put less in each cup. But I thought 12 was perfect!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 20 caramels candies, unwrapped
- kosher salt, for sprinkling
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk constantly until butter turns a deep golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the butter into a mixing bowl. Stir in the brown sugar until well combined.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix in the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Let sit 15 minutes to cool before adding the chocolate chips, otherwise they will melt into the batter. (You can add them right away if you’re okay with the melty look.)
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough into 10 muffin wells each. Flatten with your fingers to cover the bottom of the muffin tin. Place two caramel candies on top of the cookie dough. Sprinkle with a a bit of kosher salt. Top each with another tablespoon of cookie dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before carefully removing from the muffin tin. Best served warm, otherwise the caramel hardens back up.
Source: Buns In My Oven