These cookies are what my mother always made growing up. She still does too, which makes me very happy! She would read the recipe off the back of the Hershey’s CHIPITS chocolate bag. To be honest she probably knows the recipe off by heart because she’s made them so many times.
My friends looooooved these cookies when I was growing up. I remember one of my childhood friends always told me my house either smelt like laundry or baked goods. I’ll take that compliment any day!
I thought I’d share this recipe for you guys, if you’ve never had them before. They’re your classic chocolate chip cookie recipe. If you want to spice them up (not literally) add in some m&ms or nuts to it!
If anyone’s mother ever had a classic recipe they always whipped up in their kitchen while growing up – message me it! I’d love to know!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup chopped nuts (
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In large bowl, beat softened butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually blend into creamed mixture.
- Stir in Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and chopped nuts, if using.
- Drop from small spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.