This cake is so girly and pink and screams birthday queen vibes. It’s four layers of vanilla eggless cake (recipe down below) with strawberries in-between the layers. On top, there are strawberry macarons, fresh flowers, more strawberries
The recipient of this cake requested it to be eggless. I had never made an eggless cake before but I figured it would still taste good but it will be more dense. The recipe I followed, used sweetened condensed milk as the “binding” and my goodness it was delicious! Super dense, but super good.
Vanilla Cake Recipe
- 2 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- IMPORTANT: this recipe needs to be doubled if you are making 2 cakes (4 layers) which is what I did. So just double everything, otherwise stick with the amounts.
- Preheat the oven at 350F for 15 minutes. Lightly grease an
8 inchpan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda
andsalt. Mix in the sugar.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in
the the wetingredients one by one. Stir the mixture together using a whisk.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and tap the pan to even it out and break the air bubbles if any.
- Bake it for 40-55 minutes (some pans and some ovens vary so start watching it around 40 minutes!)
- Transfer the pan to a cooling rack and remove the cake after 15-20 minutes. Place the cake on the rack for it to cool down completely before slicing it.