This cake is for a lovely lady’s 60 birthday. I went to elementary school with her daughter, too. It’s too wonderful when people I’ve known for so long reach out to me asking for a cake. Thank you so much, Theresa!
This kitty cat is an 8″, four-layered chocolate gluten-free cake with vanilla buttercream in-between the layers. I’ve made this recipe multiple times and every time it turns out great. Gluten-free treats can be tricky to nail down because sometimes the cakes or cupcakes don’t rise or the taste is very bland. But this cake is so fudgy and so delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 cup dark cocoa
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extra
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two 8″ round pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, multi-purpose flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum.
- Place the oil, eggs, water, and vanilla into your mixer bowl, and beat well.
- Blend in the dry ingredients 1 cup at a time, beating for 1 minute and scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Once all of the dry ingredients have been added, beat at medium-high speed for 2 minutes, to make a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake the cakes for 30 to 33 minutes, about 3 to 4 minutes past the point where a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean. The cakes’ internal temperature should be 210°F.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Turn them out of the pans to cool completely on a rack.
Aww so cute and purrfect 😀