This month, I was fortunate enough to complete my second wedding cake, ever! And I had a BLAST!
It was a three tiered, twelve layered vanilla cake with lemon and raspberry filling alternating in-between each layer. The bottom tier is 10″, second tier is 8″ and the top tier is 6″.
Thank you to Grace and James for allowing me to bake for their wedding. I hope your day tomorrow is very special, and you dance the night away!!!
Cheers to a lifetime of happiness.
Emma (stay tuned for the recipes down below)
VANILLA CAKE RECIPE
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350 °F. Butter two 8-inch baking pans and grease with butter and flour. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer for about 10 minutes or until thick, pale and triple in volume. Drizzle in the oil while beating.
- At low speed, add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk until the batter is smooth. Divide the batter into the pans and bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes. Remove from the pans and let completely cool on a wire rack.
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- In a small sauce pan, combined all of the ingredients and slowly bring to a boil over medium-high heat (keep stirring until thickened for best results).
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 egg yolks, (slightly beaten)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Juice of one medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually add water and whisk until well blended. Whisk in egg yolks, lemon peel and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly; until thick and bubbly. Boil one minute; remove from heat. Stir in butter. Cool to room temperature, without stirring.