I’ve only ever made red velvet cupcakes before, never anything else. Red velvet brownies sounded delicious, especially with white chocolate buttercream. Amazing. So amazing.
If you like buttercream (and who doesn’t?) and you like white chocolate, you’ll loooooove this icing. I was just eating it by the spoon (the leftovers of course hehe).
What’s perfect about this recipe, is the amount of buttercream you make is the exact width of the brownie which makes it look perfect when you cut them into nice even squares.
These are for sure a delicious treat (and perfect for any more holiday parties you might be attending this year!)
And just a hint: if you have vanilla bean paste, I recommend you use that instead of vanilla extract – it leaves nice little vanilla bean dots in the icing (and is extra delicious).
- 1 stick (1/2cup) butter, at room temperature
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1¼ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons red food colouring
- 1 stick ( ½ cup) butter, at room temperature
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces white chocolate, melted
- ½ tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line 8 x 8 pan with nonstick foil or regular foil. Grease regular foil with cooking spray if using.
- In a small bowl, mix cocoa powder, food coloring and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla to form a paste. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, then add the remaining teaspoon of vanilla. Then beat in cocoa paste. Add flour and salt, and mix just until combined.
- Pour in prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool before frosting.
- Cream butter with mixer till fluffy. Add vanilla. Slowly mix in powdered sugar, then white chocolate. Add enough milk to reach desired consistency. Ice when brownies are cool.
What a great idea!:)
These look so delicious! Sounds like a great recipe!
thank you courtney! they sure as tasty!
such perfect little squares! i love them!!
thank you very much! 🙂
Wow! that looks gourmet!
Why thank you very much 😀