I was very lucky to get a few Christmas orders during this past week. One involving a cake (which I will post later), and these bars you see here, as well as a batch of my cookies and cream extreme brownies.
These are soooo easy to make, especially because you most likely have all the ingredients in your house. They will be such a crowd favourite at any holiday party you bring these too. They also have that shortbread crust, which is always tasty to eat around this time of year.
I have two posts coming this weekend, involving two kinds of delicious brownies so stay turned for that!
- 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 (10 oz) tin sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Beat brown sugar, flour and margarine in a large mixer bowl until well blended and creamy.
- Press evenly onto bottom of 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20 25 min or until light golden.
- Remove from oven to wire rack while preparing filling.
- Heat sweetened condensed milk and margarine in heavy pan,stirring constantly over med heat for 5-10 min or until thickened.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 min or until light golden.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Bake for 2 min longer or until chocolate is shiny and soft.
- Remove from oven and spread chocolate evenly.
- Sprinkle toffee bits on top,pressing lightly into chocolate.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.
- Cover and store at room temperature.
- In warm days, bars may be stored refrigerated.
- Bring to room temperature before cutting.
This post has me drooling!:)
Haha, thank you!
these look perfect. nice bake!!
thank you very much caitlin!!!