These are eaten every Christmas in our household, and let me say they are definitely one of the best things you’ll ever eat in your life. They’re also suuuuper easy to make, you literally just whip things onto the pan and bake it – nothing hard about it at all. Not to mention, all you need is four ingredients to make this – and you’ll most likely already have two in your household.
I highly recommend you give these a try. The base is super crunchy and sticky, while the top is this delicious chocolate that will just melt in your mouth.
- 36 Breton crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Overlap Breton crackers on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Melt butter and brown sugar over medium-high heat, until it boils.
- Pour mixture over the crackers.
- Bake in oven for 5-6 minutes, until bubbling.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle chocolate chips.
- Let sit for 5 minutes until chocolate has softened and spread with a spatula.
- Let harden, remove foil and then cut or break into pieces.