AHHH THIS IS SO EXCITING! I completed my first wedding cake order yesterday, and I had the best time!
I made 70 chocolate cupcakes with mint green buttercream, topped with white edible pearls and white chocolate infinity symbol. The groom wanted the cupcakes/cake to have these adorable white infinity symbols, which I absolutely loved.
For the cake I made one giant cupcake cake (chocolate flavoured of course) with mint green buttercream for the “icing” and white buttercream for the “cupcake liner”. I decorated it some more with the white edible pearls and white infinity symbols.
A big congratulations to the happy couple, and I’m so happy that they allowed me to be apart of their big day. I will forever remember this moment! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
White Infinity Symbols
- White Bakers Chocolate
- Melt your chocolate in a microwave at 50% power, 30 second intervals.
- Prepare your baking sheet with a sheet of wax paper.
- Fill a piping bag with your chocolate and pipe your designs onto the sheet. (For mine, I printed out 24 infinity symbols onto a piece of paper and placed it under the wax paper to allow for easy tracing.)
- Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours to allow them to harden up.
- When handling them afterwards, be very careful as they are very delicate.
- ** TIP: make a couple extra (at least 20) just so you have extra if you accidentally break any when handling them.
(^^^ that photo was taken at the wedding!!!)
Congrats! And gorgeous job as always!! 🙂
Thank you so much ReyShelley!! So kind. 😀
First of I love love love love love those cupcakes!!!!
I follow your blog on WordPress and find very inspiring and full of many wonderful ideas.
As a result I’ve nominted your blog for the Starlight Blogger Award – http://goodcakeday.com/2015/08/19/starlight-blogger-award/
I hope you’ll be able to participate. In any event, keep doing what you do it’s an encouragement to bloggers like me 😊
Have a Good Cake Day!