My 5th holiday baking post and final one! Have you checked out my previous ones?
These have been a tradition every year at Christmas time, because they are just so tasty.
Rolos…IN A COOKIE.
I’m telling you, as soon as you start making these at Christmas (or any time of the year) it will become a crowd favourite!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 48 Rolos
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs; beat well. Add flour mixture; blend well. Stir in 1/2 cup of pecans.
- For each cookie, with floured hands, shape about 1 tbsp of dough around a Rolo, covering completely.
- In a small bowl, combine rest of pecans and 1 tbsp sugar. Press one side of each ball in pecan/sugar mixture. Place nut side up on un-greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 7-10 minutes or until set and slightly cracked.
- Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes, then remove and cool completely on wire racks.