I have this baking bucket list that I’ve been meaning to complete for quite some time now. I was looking at it yesterday, after I posted my Toffee Bit Cookies recipe, and thought to myself…I’m going to complete one of these tomorrow! I decided on making blueberry cupcakes with honey buttercream frosting… and man was that a good idea.
These are so good…so blueberry-yyy so make sure you like blueberries before you try out this recipe!
Also I’m a huge sucker for buttercream… it’s my all time favourite. Before I ice whatever I’m icing, I always eat a couple spoonfuls of the buttercream (and also make sure there is some left over so I can eat more after I’m done…hehehe).
Then with the added benefit of the blueberry preserves garnished on top… 10/10 for sure!!!
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- dash of milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two 12-count muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together melted butter and oil, then add in eggs, buttermilk and extracts. Whisk to combine.
- Mix the liquid ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Divide the batter among the cups and bake for 15-20 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, frost and decorate as desired.
- To make the frosting, cream butter and honey together in a large bowl. Mix in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time. Add milk.
Source: Always With Butter
Looks delicious. never tried honey buttercream before .. is it really sweet? I guess the blueberries must balance it out …
surprisingly the buttercream isnt that sweet. It just tastes like regular buttercream, but with a hint of honey!
These look gorgeous and sound delicious!!
Thank you!! You should give them a try sometime, really easy!