(That title was a mouthful!)
I decided to make my boyfriend truffles for our 1 year anniversary… and they were SO YUMMY! Eating cookie dough is legitimately my favourite thing to do. Like if there was a job for professional cookie dough eater, I would score that job.
These are so tasty, the only thing I would change is to use milk chocolate instead of semi-sweet….UNLESS you enjoy the rich flavour, because with the semi-sweet chocolate it makes the truffles super rich.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 14 oz can sweetened, condensed milk
- 3/4-1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 lbs chocolate disks or chocolate chips
- In a large bowl cream butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add vanilla. Gradually beat in flour and add milk. Add chocolate morsels, mixing well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Since the dough is sticky, roll your fingers into flour. This will make it easier to roll.
- Place on waxed paper; chill 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate chips or disks in a double boiler.
- Using 2 forks, dip cookie balls into candy coating to cover.
- Place on waxed paper and chill to set.
- Store in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.