Oh my guys. It’s been a while since I’ve posted on here. I’m so sorry – I recently got a new job, and it’s been pretty hectic. But I’m back! And I will try and post once a week again. Sorry about that. Hope everything with everyone is well! And if you’re from a place where it’s summer right now, hope you’re enjoying your summer! I had a day off today so I thought what better way to spend that then baking something tasty!
Oreo Cookie Crust
- 18 whole Oreos (Double Stuff or regular)
- 1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter, melted
- 16 oz (448g) full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60g) yogurt*
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (180g) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (or regular size)
- Caramel Sauce (I used store bought because it’s so tasty!)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line two 12-count cupcake pans with 18 liners.
For the crust:
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the whole Oreos into a fine crumb.
- Stir the cookie crumbs and melted butter together in a medium sized bowl.
- Press 1 heaping Tablespoon of mixture into the bottom of each liner.
- You should have enough for 16-18 cups.
- Bake for 5 minutes and allow to slightly cool as you prepare the filling.
For the filling:
- In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the sugar and yogurt and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and mini chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into the crusts until nearly full.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes.
- The centers will still be slightly jiggly, that’s OK. The centers may also have risen up quite a bit, but they will deflate as the cheesecakes cool.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely at room temperature, at least 1 hour.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to chill for at least two hours.
- Right before serving, top each cheesecake with salted caramel and additional chocolate chips, if desired. Cover cheesecakes tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Store cheesecakes (without caramel) in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
* In this case I used sour cream, which worked perfectly fine too!