To celebrate my new job as a baker at Whole Foods!!! Woot!!!
Couldn’t be more thrilled AND excited!!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- In a large bowl of a mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the sugar, egg and vanilla until combined. Add the butter and beat until smooth and the butter is fully incorporated. Beat in the buttermilk and bananas.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet until all the flour is incorporated. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray and pour in the batter.
- Make the crumb topping by combining the powdered sugar, flour, cinnamon salt and melted butter. Using your hands, crumble the mixture over the batter in the pan. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 45 – 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Adapted from: http://littlebitsof.com/
Congratulations on the new job! Sounds exciting and your bread looks yummie!
aw well thank you so much, that’s so kind of you! xx