- 2 (12 oz.) bags semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Melt one (12 oz.) bag of chocolate either in a double boiler or by microwaving in short increments, stirring after 30 seconds, for about 2 minutes.
- With a small spoon or cookie scoop, evenly distribute melted chocolate into each muffin cup. Drop pan repeatedly on the counter to help chocolate flatten and smooth out. Freeze whole pan for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine peanut butter, powdered sugar and butter. Whip with an electric hand mixer until smooth*. Remove pan from freezer and place small spoonfuls of peanut butter mixture on top of each chocolate layer. Drop pan repeatedly on the counter again, to help flatten peanut butter layer. Freeze whole pan for 15 minutes.
- Melt remaining 12 oz. bag of chocolate. Working quickly, portion small spoonfuls of chocolate into each cups, three cups at a time, immediately dropping the pan repeatedly on the counter to flatten cups*. Freeze whole pan for 15 minutes to set the top layer of chocolate.
- For a peanut butter cup with a firmer texture, serve chilled. For a softer, creamier texture, serve at room temperature. Store refrigerated in an airtight container up to 5 days.
- If your peanut butter mixture is not completely smooth, stir in an additional teaspoon of melted butter or vegetable/canola oil.
- When portioning out the top chocolate layer, the chill from the frozen peanut will harden the top layer of chocolate very quickly, so you must flatten out the tops quickly after spooning on the chocolate.
- You can also make ‘em mini! Use a 24-cup mini muffin tin with paper liners to make double the amount of peanut butter cups in a smaller, kid-friendly size.
Adapted from http://www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2014/01/homemade-reeses-peanut-butter-cups.html
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter!
great post:) mind checking out my blog http://www.sunlightstorage.wordpress.com
honestly love your outfits/fashion sense. Relates to me so much, definitely love your blog!
that’s so nice of you. thank you very much