If there’s anything I’ve baked most in my life it is these magnificent cookies. Let me tell you.
These are honestly just a party in your mouth. They even look like a party as well… all wrapped up in a mini sandwich.
And the best part is is that those small sprinkle balls remind me of the sprinkled donuts from Tim Hortons (for all those Canadians out there, youknow what I’m talking about!)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 2 tablespoons rainbow nonpareils
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar (about 1/2 the bag)
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add vanilla, almond extract and the egg. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour and cornstarch together. Add the baking soda and salt. With the mixer on low speed, slowly pour in the flour. Stir until combined. Using a spatula, mix in the sprinkles. If you over mix, the sprinkles will break and the color will bleed. Scoop small balls of dough onto a baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. They do not spread very much. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack.
While the cookies are cooling you can make the frosting. Cream everything together until you get the desired consistency. You might have to adjust the milk and powdered sugar slightly to make it spreadable.
- Once the cookies are completely cool, match up pairs of cookies. Spread about 1 tablespoon of frosting on one of the cookies. Place the other on top, and slightly press down. Roll the outside edge of the cookies in the additional sprinkles. Let the cookies sit for about an hour for the frosting to set up.
- Store in an airtight container.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter!
I know right!!! 😀
These look brilliant!
I basically need to try anything that is labeled as a “party in your mouth.” Thanks for the inspiration! 🙂
It’s a must!! Haha you’re welcome 🙂
These look so cute and fun! Very nice Chef!
Wow, thanks so much! So happy you commented because I LOVE your blog. Love, love, love.
Aww thank you! I am so flattered. These cookies are awesome.