Hello everyone! Sorry about not posting for a while, I’ve been super busy with school and everything.
But I have some exciting news that I think you guys will be excited to witness! I’m going to make 5 cakes between now and the end of January. Not just any cakes… cakes with FONDANT! I’ve never used fondant before so this will be interesting.
The reason I’m doing this is because I’m creating them for my school’s art show. Taking a different approach to what someone would typically create for an art show (ex. paintings, drawings, sculptures, etc). I love baking and I certainly love cake so why not create cakes.
I’ve decided on what my five cakes will be like and I’ve attached a drawing (created on photoshop so don’t make fun of how bad they might look) of what my plan is for each cake:
(ps. Every step that I take on this journey of making cakes I will photograph and upload right away onto my blog so you guys can follow along with my baking!)
1. CHRISTMAS because who doesn’t enjoy Christmas (unless you don’t celebrate then that’s obviously okay too!)
2. Miley Cyrus. Now Miley has been the talk of 2013 and she’s done many controversial things so I understand if not everyone loves her. But personally, I think she’s absolutely fantastic. I know people will argue that she’s a bad role model but I think she’s awesome for doing what she wants and how she wants it. She’s a role model in that way because she’s telling not only kids but people of all ages that life is short and BE WHO YOU ARE. I love it.
3. New York City, because it is by far my favourite place in the entire world. With this cake, I’m going to make cupcakes to go along with it because who doesn’t love cupcakes.
4. Baseball themed cake, because I was a huge fan of playing baseball when I was a little kid. I believe I played for a total of 7 years, and my position was pitcher as well as the occasional first basemen and sometimes catcher. I absolutely loved it and had such a fun time playing. I stopped just because I was getting into high school and I realized it would have been to hard to balance both baseball and school work.
My family and I always and still watch baseball on TV (GO BLUE JAYS) all the time in the summer.
5. Lastly, I am going to create a cake based around the work of Roy Lichenstien who was an artist in the 1950s who created Pop Art. His work was very similar to Andy Warhol’s artwork, which dealt with a lot of colour and detail.
Hope you guys enjoy coming along this journey of cake making with me! If anyone has any tips, please comment down before because like I mentioned earlier: I’ve never worked with fondant before!
Happy black friday to those American’s reading this!