Alright, so these are beautiful. I feel I start every post off with stating how good it is. Well, I guess it’s better then saying how bad it tastes!
But in all seriousness, these are honestly pillows of pumpkin fluff. (I hope that sounds appetizing). They’re even good without the frosting, and that says a lot because I’m addicted to frosting.
Plus the extra spice of the cinnamon on top really makes it even better! These are great cookies to kick off the autumn weather. Enjoy!
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar (add until desired consistency/firmness)
- ground cinnamon sprinkled on top (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl beat the 2 cups of butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, baking powder,baking soda,salt,the 1 teaspoon cinnamon,and the nutmeg. Beat until combined. Beat in the eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla until combined. Beat in pumpkin. Beat in as much of the four as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
2. Drop dough by heaping teaspoons 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are set. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
3. For frosting, in a small saucepan heat the 1/2 cup butter and brown sugar until melted and smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Beat in powdered sugar until smooth. Spread frosting on cookies. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired.
- Pumpkin Cake Roll with Cream Cheese Filling Recipe (freehealthandwellness.com)
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Pumpkin Cake (kissmyingredients.com)
- Pumpkin Cupcakes With Cinnamon-cream Cheese Frosting Recipe (kraftrecipes.com)
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter!
Oh these look scrumptious! Plus frosting?!! Heaven!
Yes I know! Frosting makes everything better! 🙂