Oh yeah guys… these are a thing. A really good thing I may add.
All I wanted yesterday was a gooey, doughy, caramely “thing” in my mouth. And why not throw some chocolate in there as well, and you might as well say I’m in heaven. You must give these a try.
“How good are they?” you might ask. Well i’ll put it this way: my Dad had one, and when he eats baked goods they do not settle right with his stomach and he usually has to go lie down. He risked the pain he gets from baked goods, to have one of these. Now go make them before you drool all over the floor.
- 11 oz bag vanilla caramels
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 Tbls butter
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 c light brown sugar
- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tbls vanilla
- 2 c flour
- 1 c old fashioned oats
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 c chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Unwrap caramels and place in a small saucepan with butter and sweetened condensed milk.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until caramels have fully melted and the mixture is nice and smooth
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add peanut butter and continue mixing.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg. Add in vanilla.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the flour mixture slowly stirring until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread 2/3 of the dough on the bottom of the pan.
- Slowly pour caramel mixture evenly over the dough.
- Drop the remaining dough on top by the teaspoon. It doesn’t have to be perfect!
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Let cool completely and then cut into bars.
Source: Mom On Time Out
- Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies (therapybread.com)
Very rich and delicious too. Thanks for sharing!
Yes so yummy! Thanks so much, have a good week!
Yum! Thanks for sharing a link to my blog! Hope you will stop by again!
No problem! Of course I will! Have a good one 🙂