One of my favourite things about the Summer is having bonfires either in my backyard or at one of my friends. There’s something about eating s’mores, hanging out with your friends/family and swatting the misquotes around you that just feels right.
When I saw this recipe that combined chocolate, graham crackers, marshmallows and cookie dough all in one bar: well it had to be done.
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows plus a few extra for the top
- 1 regular sized milk chocolate Hershey Bar
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper. Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Place in bottom of prepared pan and press down to form a crust.
- Cream 1/2 cup softened butter, add in sugars and cream again till fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla. Mix again. Combine Flour, baking soda and salt, then add to butter mixture. Once all combined, fold in chocolate chips and marshmallows. Spoon Cookie dough on top of cookie crust as evenly as possible. Don’t worry about spreading perfectly. Dough will spread as it cooks to fill in any gaps. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
- While bars are cooking, break candy bar into sections and place in freezer. 8-10 minutes before bar is done cooking, sprinkle remaining marshmallows on top, just to decorate. Return to baking for remaining time. Remove pan from oven and carefully place broken candy bar pieces on top. Let cool completely before cutting.
(Yields 16 bars)
Can’t have a bonfire? Bake these instead. And invite your friends over (but I’d make a double batch because these guys will be eaten up real fast!)
Chocolate Chocolate and More