Who doesn’t like pumpkin pie? My whole family? Yep, but seriously, who else doesn’t like pumpkin pie?
I made this wonderful baby with one of my best friends Veronika one afternoon. She was having a late thanksgiving dinner and we had never made a pie before so we thought we’d try it out! We actually ended up making two because we had two pie crusts. (Yes, sorry for those who wanted the pie crust recipe as well – just google it!)
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 1-3/4 cups (425 mL) pumpkin puree
- 1 cup (250 ml) packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) evaportated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 F
2. In bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, sugar, evaporated milk, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt.
3. Pour into the pie shell. Bake in bottom third of 425F (220C) oven for 15 minutes. Reduce ttemperatureto 350F (180C) and bake for 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted centre comes out clean. Let cool on a rack.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter!