The perfect combo. Steve Carrel and cookies.
Before I begin, I added chocolate chips in a few of the cookies because that night I felt like chocolate (as well as ginger cookies) so the chocolate chips are your choice.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses. Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture.
- Shape dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter!
OK you are making me crave cookies with all of these cookie posts!!
Hehe, I know! They are all so tempting and yummy looking!